The Lord has done it again! I am happy to announce that I have accepted the position as Executive Director of The GIVEN Institute beginning June 12th. The GIVEN Institute is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to activating the gifts of young adult women for the Catholic Church. The GIVEN Institute hosts an annual leadership conference at Catholic University as well as a year-long mentoring program. I am very blessed to have worked with an incredible team of Regional Directors at the Archdiocese and to have supported parishes and schools this past year.
This isn’t my first rodeo transitioning from one Catholic institution to another; however, I am leaving the Archdiocese of Baltimore after 12+ years of serving various parishes and schools in different capacities. Milestones in life always cause me to reflect on the past and what I can learn for the future. I’m going to summarize below:
Church of the Nativity
- Make Church Matter
- Empower the Laity
- Do something for my kids, you do something for me
Mount de Sales Academy
- Academic Excellence in the Catholic Tradition
- Retreats, service camps, and World Youth Day provide eternal encounters
- Redesigning the definition of beauty with authentic, joyful Christian witness
- Teens seek the living Christ, they just need to be invited by someone
- If you have a single-sex Catholic school option, choose that!
- Always be ready to give a reason for your hope ~ St. Peter
Department of Catholic Schools
- Female lay leadership in the Church is powerful and needed!
- Catholic schools are closing at an alarming rate due to the decline of religious, rising costs, decline in Catholic birth rates, and not truly teaching the Catholic faith in its fullness. But this can change!
- Taking simple steps with incorporating technology in the office will improve efficiency and improve the workflow experience. Stop making excuses!
St. Stephen School
- Customer service is critical
- Get them to love you and they will follow you wherever you go ~ St. John Bosco
- Invite Jesus into your day, children are sponges for the truth
Department of Development
- Sometimes it just takes the right person to make the ask
- Branding is everything
- Surround yourself with smart, honest, hard-working people! Mutual respect is key.
I do truly believe that each location has taught me so much and I hope that I left a mark. There are many projects that I am proud to have implemented that are still in practice today. My prayers are with you, the Premier See! Thank you and May God lead you!